Nobelist in Superconductivity Field
- Nobel Prizes in Physics for theory of superconductivity
1. 1972 John Bardeen, Leon N. Cooper, Robert Schrieffer
"for their jointly developed theory of superconductivity, usually called
2. 1973 Brian D. Josephson
"for his theoretical predictions of the properties of a supercurrent
through a tunnel barrier, in particular those phenomena which
are generally known as the Josephson effects"
3. 2003 Alexei A. Abrikosov, Vitaly L. Ginzburg
"for pioneering contributions to the theory of superconductors"
- Nobel Prizes in Physics for experimental discovery of superconductivity
1. 1987 J. Georg Bednorz, K. Alex Müller
"for their important break-through in the discovery of superconductivity
in ceramic materials"
2. 1913 Heike Kamerlingh Onnes
"for his investigations on the properties of matter at low temperatures
which led, inter alia, to the production of liquid helium"